I was thinking about my Fun Fact Fridays recently and thinking I might like to broaden the parameters of them a bit. Instead of them just being about me, I thought I’d also begin to include some fun facts from our family’s day-today experiences. Maybe put out some snippets about the highlights and lowlights of the week or month(s)? Nothing too crazy, but maybe they’ll give a better glimpse into our every day lives as well as capture the essence of the rhythm of our family. Well, that would be the hope, anyway.
So, here we go!
- This week our homeschool co-op began our Winter/Spring Semester. We have 21 amazing families in our co-op. We meet once a week and have 3 one-hour classes for all grade levels and ages. This semester, I am teaching two classes, back-to-back, to a group of eleven 5th and 6th graders. I am teaching a writing/literature/poetry class as well as a wonders of the world class. It should be a great semester!
- Every week (well, aaaalmost every week), for the last three years, I have talked with my beautiful friend who moved to a new state far, far away. She’s one of my most favorite people in the whole wide world and I treasure our conversations so dearly.
- Since September, we have had a plethora of medical/dental/therapy/orthodontic/specialist appointments. Between all 9 of us here in our home, we had 71 appointments. Yup, I went back and counted them. I was shocked. That’s a lot of appointments. This does not include any kind of visits (with birth parents, birth families, caseworkers, or G.A.Ls, just to name a few.), of which there were many of these visits, too. Needless to say, it’s been a hoppin’ 4 months and 12 days! I already know we have 7 more appointments scheduled for the remainder of January, but maybe there’ll be more still to come? Yowza. With all of that said, I must express how grateful I am for the Lord’s grace in sustaining me through this medically challenged season. He is faithful.
- A few days ago, my sister told me about a fun app called “Marco Polo.” It’s so great! I highly recommend it. It’s essentially a video text app. You send little video clips back and forth, just like you would with a text. I appreciate how it’s a short commitment of time to send a video (no long commitments like a FaceTime or Skype call), and I get to see the faces of those I love! It’s perfect for this season in my life to stay visually connected with family and friends amidst the craziness of life. (Side note – My 14 yr old daughter wants me to make sure y’all know the app has some fun features, like filters for both the screen and your voice, as well as ways to text or doodle on the screen during a video clip.)
- Fall colors are my favorite.
- I am back on Instagram and am finding it doesn’t suck up my time like Facebook. So, here’s to a partial return to social media this year, cheers!
- Today, the kids and I are going to spend some time with some lovely friends just across the highway. They, too, have 7 children. You can probably imagine, there’s always something crazy happening when we all get together.
Well? Did you enjoy getting a bit bigger picture of our daily lives? haha! 🙂 All-in-all, I must say I am kind of digging it. It helps me step back a bit and see the big picture of our lives. Seeing that we have had 71 medical appointments over the past 4 months helps me to see why I felt like I was always in my car! hahahaha. I simply remember, this is a season in our lives. It won’t last forever.
Do you have anything memorable you’d like to share from your own week?!
Praying you all have a truly delightful weekend.
To God be the Glory … today, tomorrow, and for all eternity! Amen and Amen. So be it.